The Best PlayStation 2 Games Of All Time
For some longtime gamers, Sony’s PlayStation 2 made the best PlayStation games of all time. Whether or not you agree with that fact yourself, it’s impossible to deny the sheer wealth of games that were released for the console in its heyday.
psn code generator
Naturally, Sony is focusing its attention these days on the PlayStation 3, and of course, the PlayStation 4. If you’re planning to get your hands on a PlayStation 2, you should keep in mind that Sony stopped releasing games for the console a long time ago.
However, it may not be a bad idea to pick up a PlayStation 3 instead.
PlayStation 2 And PlayStation 3 Games
It’s worth noting that although the PlayStation 4 currently offers nothing in the way of backwards compatibility, the PlayStation 3 does. With the purchase of a PlayStation 3, you will indeed have the ability to play both PS1 and PS2 games. If you’re jumping into the world of PlayStation games for the very first time, and you don’t need the latest system, the PS3 might not be a bad idea. Sony has indicated that they will continue to support the PS3 until 2015.
However you decide to go about playing PlayStation 2 games, if you want to cut your teeth on some PS2 classics, you’re going to have a lot of titles to choose from.
Best PS2 Games
If you’re absolutely clueless as to which PlayStation games for the PlayStation 2 are the best ones to try out, here are a few options you can consider:
• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: For many people, the Grand Theft Auto franchise reached its peak with this PS2 classic.
• Final Fantasy X: To some, the game was controversial for the changes it made to the way people understood the Final Fantasy franchise. To many, FFX is a classic game-changer in the world of Role Playing Games.
• Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: Another franchise that truly explored what the PS2 was capable of as a gaming system.
• Final Fantasy XII: Another astonishing entry in one of the best-selling game series of all time.
• Shadow of the Colossus: Looking for a challenge? This will keep you busy.
• Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening: Ferocious action is combined with some of the best graphics that were ever featured on the PS2.
• Resident Evil 4: As far as many people are concerned, this is still the best RE title ever made.
• Kingdom Hearts II: Combining action game elements with RPG elements, Kingdom Hearts II is a classic for a reason.
• God of War: This isn’t a game for the kiddies, but it is a brutal, intensely challenging title for adults.
• Jak 3: This epic trilogy of games came to an end with this amazing PS2 title.
This is just a sampling of the PlayStation games that are available for the PlayStation 2. There are even more games to check out than the ten that are featured here. These games are classics that are continuing to stand the test of time. You would do well to try them.